SGS Broccoli Extract
Everyone knows that broccoli is good for you, but not all broccoli is created equal, SGS Broccoli Seed Extract is a super-vegetable giving you three days of antioxidant support and boasting the highest level of glucoraphanin – 13 percent – of any broccoli product on the market today.
SGS Broccoli Extract
- Dry Forms
- Broccoli Seed Extract
The Benefits of Our Broccoli Seed Extract Go Far Beyond the Expected.
Everyone knows that broccoli is good for you, but not all broccoli is created equal, SGS Broccoli Seed Extract is a super-vegetable giving you three days of antioxidant support and boasting the highest level of glucoraphanin — 13 percent — of any broccoli product on the market today.
So What Makes Broccoli So Great?
Glucosinolates, isothiocyanates and glucoraphanin:
- Glucosinolates are a broad category of compounds found in high concentrations in cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
- Isothiocyanates are the bioactive molecules that trigger antioxidant activity in the body. The most well-known isothiocyanate is sulforaphane.
- Glucoraphanin is the glucosinolate found in broccoli that converts to sulforaphane in the body.
Sulforaphane was identified in 1992 as the leading compound in broccoli and responsible for many of its positive health benefits. These compounds and their mechanisms have been studied extensively and supported by more than 650 scientific publications to date.
The science has focused particularly on the compound's ability to selectively boost Phase II enzymes, enhancing the detoxification of cells. These indirect antioxidants eliminate many types of free radicals and recycle and remain active for up to three days.
- Produced in North America under cGMP standards (complete documentation is available)
- Produced by a completely natural process, where the broccoli plants are grown using only water and light; they are then tested for SGS content
- Supported and protected during the production and raw material stages by a broad portfolio of US and international patents http://www.brassica.com/sci/patents.htm
- Specially formulated for tablets, capsules, powders and functional food applications
The statements made above have not been evaluated by the FDA. Our products are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.